- Daylong tracking session, streamed live!
- We make a 7″ vinyl that is pre-sold before the event. Sale price is $25.
- No cost to you! You make money. We split the net sales of the 7″ 50/50. Your share is generally $6/unit.
- We prefer an unreleased song, ideally 3.5 min or less.
- We ask that you promote the hell out of the live stream and pre-sale of the vinyl.
How it Works
- Multi-track recording to analog 2″ 24 track tape or digital recording, your choice
- The entire session is live streamed and recorded with five cameras.
- The track is mixed after the session. Takes about two weeks. You have full mix approval. Mix notes are welcome.
- You own the track and all rights. You get a mastered file that you can release. We reserve the right to use the track for studio promotion.
- We will make a video with the track and footage from the session.
About the Vinyl
- The vinyl is a single side 7″, lathe cut by an outside vendor.
- You get half of net sales. Cost to produce and ship is $13 so net is $12. Your share is $6 per unit.
- Exclusive limited edition! No sales after pre-sale closes. Pre-sales can remain open two weeks after the session.
- We will pre-print labels and have you sign each one on the session day.
- Vinyl production takes 4 weeks after master approval.
- Max length is 5 minutes and will include a brief interview with you talking about the song.
- We will handle packing and shipping.
Notes about Analog Tracking
- Tracking to tape is different than digital. Each take erases the previous one and there is no comping or editing. Each take runs the length of the song. We have a total of 24 tracks. That can get very tight very quickly.
- Tape tracking is old school and tends to lead toward tracks that are real and authentic whereas digital offers greater perfectionism.
- We do not have backline except a bass amp.
- Session length depends on the song. Average: 4 – 8 hours.
- Call time is usually 11am or 12pm. We load in, do an on-camera interview and being tracking.
How to Apply
To be considered for our Single Session program send an email to email@example.com. Include links to your socials, website and Bandcamp/Spotify. This program is a lot of work for us and we can only do a handful per year. We get more applications than we could handle so please understand that if you are not selected it is not a reflection on you or your talent. That said, please do apply!